Often it can be difficult to know when our roof is failing. Fortunately there are clues to look for.
The following are signs that may indicate that your roof needs replacing:
- Blistering or peeling paint
- Shingle, sheathing or siding decay
- Leakage in the attic after heavy rains
- Stains on interior walls or ceilings
- High energy bills
- Shingle edges are curled or shingle tabs are cupped
- Bald spots where granules are missing
- Your roof is at least 20 years old; while many shingles today are produced for durability, many factors can accelerate the aging of shingles.