- Are shingles curling or bubbled? This could lead to shingles blowing off in the spring and summer wind.
- Are the shingles deteriorating? Look for granules in the gutters and at the bottom of the downspouts.
- Check the attic. A musty smell in the attic or mildew/ mold appearance means moisture is getting in and building up. This could be a sign of a failing roof.
- Are there missing shingles. A sure sign that some repair or replacement is needed.
- Gutters are a crucial part of a roof system. Spring cleaning should include gutter cleaning and checking for loose or damaged gutters and downspouts.
- Check the seals on the flashing and around chimneys to be sure to prevent or repair any leaks. Rust is a sign of deteriorating flashing.
Craig Gouker Roofing has been installing quality residential roofing in South East Pittsburgh since 1991 and is the expert in shingle roof replacement.